The faculties of private university education are a true substitute for their peers from the faculties of governmental university education.. Together, they stem from one source and flow into one estuary… Their message is the same. The only difference is that the colleges of higher education are open to receiving qualified people who missed the government higher education chance for any reason, as without their eligibility they cannot obtain a seat at any private college. Al-Noor University College is one of these private colleges. It was established to receive students in medical specializations to qualify the student to graduate and be employed by the central employment like his peers in the counterpart colleges within the governmental university education. There are also humanitarian specializations in which students are rehabilitated to be able to participate in the field of work, management and production. In general, the college has spent half a decade of its life, and it is an opportunity to present its scientific scene through the first introductory guide issued by it. We ask Allah that we have succeeded in preparing it.
Al-Noor University College
Al-Noor University College rose on the land of Nineveh in 2013, when it started its first academic year to complete the scene of higher education in this governorate through private academic institutions that carry the message of government colleges and their sobriety, expand the horizons of accepting students and open new opportunities for those wishing to complete their university studies and are not able to be accepted in govenmental education.
The college currently includes a number of scientific departments, some of which are old, dating back to the year of foundation, and others are new, these departments are:
Department of Dentistry (Morning Study)
Department of Medical Laboratory Techniques (Morning & Evening Study)
Department of Law (Morning & Evening Study)
Dept. of Physical Education & Sport Sciences (Morning and Evening Study)
Department of English Language (Morning & Evening Study)
Department of Arabic Language (Morning & Evening Study)
Department of Pharmacy (Morning Study)
Department of Optical Techniques (Morning & Evening Study)
Dept. of Radiology & Sonar Techniques (Morning & Evening Study)
Dept. of Dental Industry (Morning & Evening Study)
Department of Anesthesia Techniques (Morning & Evening Study)
Department of Construction Engineering & Project Management
Department of Petroleum Engineering
Thus, department ’s number of the college reached 13
The college has an experienced, locally and internationally well-known teaching staff, who holds the highest scientific degrees and has a long prestigious experience and expertise supported by an experienced and efficient administrative and technical staff, in addition to furnishing scientific laboratories equipped with the latest technologies, educational means and theoretical lecture classrooms that can accommodates all students in addition to a number of air-conditioned and furnished dorms.
The college tries to achieve the goals of Iraqi higher education in its three major fields, which are preparing students scientifically to qualify them to enter the fields of work, administration, production and leadership. Support the scientific research by preparing the teaching staff to produce innovative researches and present scientific activities such as seminars and conferences, participate in scientific activities and publish in refereed scientific journals. Finally, serving the society by extending bridges with the reservoirs of scientific and knowledge giving and adopting everything that would serve the environment for settlement, meeting the needs according to their compatibility with the specializations of the college and directing research towards examining the problems that exist in reality and proposing solutions to them
The study system in the college follows the instructions of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the regulations in force therein. Students are given admission through using the same mechanism adopted by the corresponding governmental colleges. The college requires the applicant to have a certificate that qualify students for admission in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
The study at the college lasts for five years in the departments of dentistry and pharmacy, and for four years in other departments. The student then obtains a bachelor's degree in the specialization he studies in morning and evening study.
Al-Noor University College Departments
Work on preparing students scientifically correctly, and developing their scientific skills in order that they can fulfill the requirements of the fields of work and production and be creative in them in order to achieve permanence in pumping teaching members that maintain the principle of upgrading society.
First –stand on the community’s actual need for specializations, and know the requirements of the labor market through questionnaires, surveys, and field readings.
Second: Providing laboratories furnished with the latest scientific equipment, a suitable environment insurance for students to work on, and furnishing these laboratories according to the required quality specifications.
Third - Training students on advanced and modern devices and informing them new technologies and discoveries in their field of specialization.
First - The college seeks to achieve the goals of higher education by preparing students to be able scientific staff who able to go to their positions in the sectors of work, administration and production.
Second – providing students with the latest information and scientific disclosures in the various fields of specialization open in the college .
The Dean of the College undertakes the following duties:
A- Being the president of the college council, inviting it, implementing its decisions, and representing the college before official and unofficial institutions.
b- Managing the academic, administrative and financial affairs of the college legally.
C- Issuing a statement of appointing the dean assistants of the college.
D- Issuing a statement of appointing heads of college departments.
E - Approval on the appointment of the dean assistant and heads of departments at the college.
F- Signing contracts and agreements associated with the approval of the College Council.
g- Approving on the decisions of the committees related to write-off, appraisal and rent legally.
H- Dispatching faculty members inside and outside Iraq.
I- Recommending the donation of transferred funds to universities, colleges and scientific and educational institutions inside Iraq.
J- Approving on the payment of rewards to those who provide services to the college or contribute to its development.
- Dean of Al-Noor University College Prof. Dr. Yaseen Taha Al-Hajjar
- Dean Assistant for Scientific Affairs Prof. Dr. Sameer Khalaf Abdullah
- Dean Assistant for Administrative Affairs Asst. Prof. Dr. Nabeel Ahmed Jarjees
- Head of Medical Lab. Techniques Department Prof. Dr. Yassar Yahya Hussein
- Head of Dentistry Department Prof. Dr. Talal Hameed Mohamed
- Head of Pharmacy Department Prof. Dr. Isam Hamo Mahmood
- Head of Dental Industry Department Asst. Prof. Dr. Wael Sheet Hussein
- Head of Anesthesia Techniques Department Asst. Prof. Dr. Basem Idris Thanoun
- Dead of Optical Techniques Department Asst. Prof. Dr. Ismaeel Khalaf Abbas
- Dead of Radiology & Sonar Techniques Department Asst. Prof. Dr. Nawfal Yousif Jameel
- Dead of Department of Law Asst. Prof. Dr. Nashwan Mohammed Suleiman
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Yousif Hamdi Fathi \English Department’s Head
- Head of Department of Physical Education & Sport Sciences Prof. Dr. Zuhair Qassim Hammoodi
- Head of Arabic Department Prof. Dr. Khazal Fathi Zidan
- Representative of the Faculty Asst. Prof. Tariq Hammoudi Amen
- Secretary of the College Council Lect. Dr. Hani Moslem Ahmed
- Rapporteur of the College Council Asst. Lect. Ali Zeinulabdeen Abdulrazzaq
The College Council undertakes the following tasks:
- Establishing admission requirements
- Recommending the numbers of students to be accepted at the beginning of each academic year
- Recommending the adoption of the proposed curricula and submitting them to the Ministry
- Determining a plan to provide education requirements
- Suggesting the annual tuition fees
- Managing, investing and disposing college funds according to the objectives of the university
- Suggesting to appoint dean assistant to the college
- Approving on the appointment and dismissal of heads of departments
- Recommending extending the term of service of the university president, dean of the college, or nominating a replacement for him or dismissing him
- Secondmenting faculty members, extension and termination of the secondment period
- Granting graduate certificates
- Approval of academic promotions for faculty members after coordination with the Research and Development Department in the Ministry
- Recommending opening, merging or canceling scientific departments or branches and submitting them to the Ministry
- Approval of the annual budget and final account and transfer between semesters
- Approving on college cadres and scientific departments
- Approval of contracting with non-Iraqi faculty members in accordance with the regulations adopted by official universities, with the exception of determining wages
- Approval of contracting with faculty members and other employees, determining their wages and bonuses, accepting their resignations, and Dismissing their services
- Approving the contracts with universities, colleges and scientific institutions that are concerned with scientific researches inside and outside Iraq
- suspending studies totally or in partially for a period when necessary not exceeding (7) seven days, on condition of informing the Council of Private Higher Education in the Ministry with a statement of the reasons that called for that end
- Donating money transferred to universities, colleges and scientific and educational institutions inside Iraq legally
- Accepting grants, gifts, subsidies, wills and endowments from inside and outside Iraq legally
- Approving on opening courses for teaching foreign languages and continuing education courses
The University Council may delegate some authorizations to the President of the University
The head of the department undertakes the following tasks:
A- Performing the decisions of the college council and department council in relation to his department.
b- Managing the department in terms of scientific, administrative, educational, cultural, financial, technical, and student affairs.
C - Preparing quarterly and annual scientific reports on the department's activities.
D- Recommending the appointment of a department rapporteur as a representative in his absence.
E - Presenting researches for the purposes of promotion to scientific committees.
F - Supervising the scientific affairs of students for the various studying stages.
G- Suggesting two experts from the teaching staff to review scientific promotions in the department.
H- Assigning any of the lecturers to carry out the tasks as needed, regardless of the due time specified by the higher authorities.
I - Approving on the nomination of faculty members to participate in the technical and administrative committees
K- Directing inquiries to faculty members in case of their absence or delay in entering lectures and chastise them
L - Chairing the scientific committee in the department
M- Signing the annual bonus and promotion form in the direct supervisor field for all the department’s employees and recommending giving them bonus and promotion.
N- Distributing duties to the department's employees according to the benefits of the department and the college, and issuing administrative statement to that end.
O- Calling the department council to convene in exceptional sessions when necessary.
عندما اكملت عامها الخامس انجزت كلية النور الجامعة الدورة الاولى من دليل الكلية للعام الدراسي 2018-2019 باللغة العربية والانكليزية وبنسختين ورقية والكترونية.
Now, those interested can browse and download the guide from the links below
Download the full version in Arabic
دليل الكلية للعام الدراسي 2020-2021 باللغة العربية والانكليزية وبنسختين ورقية والكترونية.
Now, those interested can browse and download the guide from the links below
Download the full version in Arabic
The symbolism indication for the logo of Al-Noor University College
The logo is formed from an entrance in the shape of a Mosuli iwan, which is part of the peculiarities of Mosuli architecture and its creativity to refer the intertwining of originality, privacy and creativity. At the bottom of the entrance is an open book to refer openness to science and knowledge. There is a writing tool at the end of which is a feather and its head is a pen to link the past and present of learning. As it is known that writing is confined between the quill as the first writing tool and the pen as the latest writing tool. The name (Al-Noor University College) was written with a touch of decoration, to which the date of the college’s founding in the Hijri and Gregorian calendars was written on the fleece of the feather. As for the candle that glows on the letter “L” in the word university, it is a
Al-Noor University College ’s Anthem
يا نورُ يا جامعة ساطعــــهْ
في أُفقِنا ، يا شمسَنا الطالعهْ
تسطَعُ بالعلمِ وبالـلُّغـــــاتِ
وتـصطَفي مـنـاهِـجَ الحيــاةِ
أقسـامُهـا معـامِـــلٌ مَناهلْ
حقولُ قَمحٍ تحـضنُ السَّنابلْ
في كلِّ عطـاءٍ وحُـضـورِ
ورِحابُكِ تَحْفِــلُ بالنّــــورِ
والنّـــورُ بإسمِـــكِ لافـتَـةٌ
يَزهــو في صَرْحٍ مَعمورِ
صَرْحُكِ ظَلَّ كبيـرَ الشّانِ
بالفِكـــرِ وهَدْيِ الإيــمـانِ
وعـناوينَ تســامَـتْ شَرَفاً
بالجَهْــدِ لأفْـصَـحِ عنـوانِ
يا زهرة المستقبلِ السَّعيدْ
يا نورُ يا نافذة الأمَـلْ
بكلِّ ما جــادَ بِهِ الجَديــدْ
صَدَقْتِ بالقولِ وبالعَملْ
· الشاعر عبدالوهاب اسماعيل